Tourist tracks and trips
There are a lot of tourist and mountain-bike tracks and paths available for A.B., but also for less experienced tourists.
In co-operation with the mountain salvage service it is possible to provide the visitors with the basic training of mountain-climbing and alpine tourist guide activities. In the region Malino Brdo (30 km) you will find training mountain-climbing rocks called Haliny with more than 70 routes with various degrees of difficulty.
The school of paragliding became already a tradition at Donovaly. The magnificent panorama of Donovaly can the courageous visitors admire during parachute flying in tandems.
The less courageous can be taken by a three seat cableway to Nova Hola (1.360 meters above see level), where there will find a fantastic view of the peaks of the Low Tatra, the Velka Fatra and villages scattered among dales and valleys.
The length of the cableway is 1,325 meters and the height difference 447 meters. The valley station of the cableway is situated in the height of 914 m above see level by the Chata pod Magurou (the Chalet under the mountain Magura).Recommended trips and hikes
Thermal swimming pool Besenova
Approx. 25 minutes car driving, 30 km, all the year round operation, water temperature 36-40 degrees Celsius, spa on the basis of hot springs of healing mineral waters.
Hrabovska water reservoir (25 km) - A water reservoir with the possibility of fishing
Liptovska Mara (40 km) - Bathing, rowing, water sports, surfing, fishing
A peculiar mountain settlement exceptional due to the fact that its whole area is still – as the only one in Slovakia – undisturbed by construction of new buildings. In 1993 was Vlkolinec entered into the list the world cultural heritage of UNESCO.
White water rafting down the Revuca river. Revuca is a tributary of the river Vah and separates the Low Tatra from the Velka Fatra. You have to finish the rafting before entering the town of Ruzomberok.
Spa Korytnica, Lucky, Zelezno
• Donovaly – Korytnica and back
• Donovaly – Kaliste (national cultural monument) - Balaze - and back with a transport to Banska Bystrica and Donovaly
• Peak Zvolen – mountain pass Sturec - hotel Sturec - back with a transport to Donovaly
• Donovaly - Polianka - mountain ridge Kecka (1226 m n.m.) - mountain pass Hadlanka – Mostenica – Kysla - back with a transport to Banska Bystrica and Donovaly
• Donovaly - Korytnica - mountain pass Hiadel - ridge of the Low Tatras - Prasiva – Velka Chochula (1.753 m a.s.l.) peak Zvolen - The way of the heroes of the Slovak national uprising to Krizna (1.574 m a.s.l.) - back to Majerova skala (1.283 m a.s.l.) - Stare Hory - Donovaly
• Nova Hola – Liptovske revuce – Cierny kamen
Miners’ and pilgrims’ town, basilica Minor, a statue of the Holy Virgin Mary at Studnicka
A miners’ settlement, an age-old locality of mining the copper-silver ores, memorial reservation of the folk architecture, traditional lace and folk arts.
Town under the mountain of Urpin, where the ways of our and foreign tourists cross, who admire not only the town itself with its rich cultural and historical monuments, but also the charming surroundings with a ring of neighboring hills and mountains.
Karst cave Izbica open for public since 1950
In the past the place of mining and metallurgical entrepreneurial activities, small municipality with the houses where Jozef Gregor Tajovsky and Jozef Murgas were born – the latter being a pioneer of wireless telegraphy.